J.H. Breakell & Co. is a 50 year old silver and goldsmithing company. We are an omnichannel retailer with a store in historic Newport, Rhode Island, an e-commerce website, and a national mail order catalog.
Store Manager / Newport
We are seeking an experienced Retail Manager to oversee the daily operations and customer service of our retail jewelry store. You will ensure smooth day-to-day operations and manage our store in ways that boost revenues and develop the overall business. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, provide superior sales assistance, and can work independently as well as take direction.
- Manage daily operations of the business, and maintain opening and closing procedures
- Take customer phone calls and orders and input online orders into our e-comm website
- Monitor stock levels and communicate replenishment needs to management to assure the store is fully stocked
- Ship e-comm orders from the store when required
- Serve customers, perform inventory taking, and reconcile cash
- Deal with unresolved customer issues to maintain superior brand service
- Execute periodic physical inventories
- Maintain daily sales history and customer traffic data
- Communicate in-store promotional events to customers and create retail displays that reinforce brand image and enhance products
- Secure merchandise by adhering to security systems and measures
- Interface with management, distribution, and marketing teams as needed
- Conduct training of new employees
- 3 - 5 years of retail and retail management experience
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Must be able to take direction, adhere to established business processes, finish tasks accurately and meet deadlines
- Experience in working with point of sale systems preferred, but we will train
- Demonstrated ability to train employees and be an effective salesperson
- Jewelry experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Must pass a background check
Apply for career positions at JH Breakell & Co.